Tuesday, September 4, 2007

IRAQ!

After a long weekend away from my internets I come back to find this article from the San Diego Union Tribune: Mom defends reaction to Iraqi passengers. Turns out that NBC got all up in that too, as did an arabic news program (I don't think it's al jazeera).

I'd comment on how horrible people can be, but I'm too tired for that. I would even say something about how the silly security precautions at airports, established to give the illusion of safety but doing little to prevent real danger from reaching planes, are failing at even that task... but who has the time.

What I will say is that I find it extremely fascinating that, in the arabic language news clip, the english seems to be a translation of the arabic overdubbing which is itself a translation of the original english recorded on the video.

No comments: