Tuesday, September 18, 2007

comedian insults geek

I will admit that I would have liked to own an iPhone. If I had grown up with a limitless disposable income (or even an allowance of some kind, any kind, $5 a week would have been nice) then maybe I'd play more fast and loose with my money. As it is now I have a hard time buying anything which costs more than $50 without considering all the options twice and then ruminating for a week.

Needless to say, I thought $500+ was a bit much for a phone which was also an mp3 player which was also a tiny, wireless enabled, internet communications device (snark). Still, it is a very nice toy and I don't have a decent mp3 player, my phone is the cheapest phone made in 2005, AND who couldn't use more internets?

I suppose I'm a bit relieved that I didn't buy one. I don't think that it's for me after all: I really don't like talking on the phone that much; I need to spend less time on the internet, not more; they don't make an mp3 player big enough for me to put all the music I want on it (OK, maybe that's not true).

Anyway, for those of you early adopters with a good sense of humor, Bill Maher wants to rip on you. Not that this vindicates my decision in any way. The iPhone isn't for me, but it is for many people.

1 comment:

Jim said...

watched it...loved it. I'd rather have next years upgraded iPod touch than the iphone