Friday, February 27, 2009

John turturro

John Turturro is one of my favorite actors (I'd easily put him in the top three). I first saw him in the Coen Bros movie "Barton Fink" and, at that time I didn't think too much of him. But since then I've seen him play a lot of different roles (Miller's Crossing, Jungle Fever, Cradle will rock, Mr. Deeds, oh brother where art thou, you don't mess with the zohan). Despite having a very unique voice and look, he has managed to easily persuade me that each character was real.

By far, my favorite of his roles was 'the Jesus' from the big lebowski. Below is a video of him talking about how he made that character real.



2 comments:

Jim said...

I'm not sure you saw this one back in the day but it took me a second viewing (about 15 years later) to notice John Turturro

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103872

Taking it like a man said...

I don't think I've ever seen that one.