Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Brands

I don't know what brand of coffee beans I grind up and drink in the morning. I couldn't tell you what brand of napkins are sitting on my dining room table. If you asked me right now what brand of jeans I am wearing at this moment, I would not be able to tell you without bending awkwardly and looking at the tag by my ass (even then, they're probably so cheap and so old that the ink on that faux-leather patch is all worn).

Here's what I can tell you: I am currently using a microsoft OS and the firefox browser, I have an apple laptop, an apple i-pod, and a sony portable CD player, and my toilet paper is Charmin. I'm not immune to brand recognition but I guess I only pay attention to those of things that are truly relevant to me and my life.

Oh, and I love the in-and-out burger. I've begun to spot their signs more efficiently than the other big burger chains, even despite the jack-in-box rebranding campaign.

No comments: