Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More british funny people

I would like to advertise, for a minute if I could, the excellent news satire podcast "the bugle"

I find it very funny. I listen to it on the bus ride to campus and I often laugh out loud, drawing looks from fellow passengers. Several of their very good jokes do require some basic knowledge of World History and British sports (football = soccer, cricket = baseball-1st2nd&3rd base+boring*10). It is not as funny as the daily show but certainly as clever as the onion given that it's just two guys writing the jokes. John Oliver, of the daily show fame, is one of the two writers/hosts.

If you have a bit of audio time to kill (you could listen to it as you cook or cut your toenails, for example) I do suggest you give it a shot. Try episode 2 for starters. Though episode 1 is equally good, episode 2 includes a guest segment involving the recurring character "The American" which is excellent.

No comments: