Thursday, June 5, 2008

exciting moments in the pathetic little lives of graduate students

I discovered this morning that a paper I co-authored with the wonderful Adele Goldberg has been cited 5 times. Two of those don't count because they come from the same journal that the paper was published in. 2 come from the same author in different papers (Gregory Ward, a man I could have had a chance to meet, but didn't, while he was visiting San Diego for a conference last year). The last was from a Korean author in a paper written in Korean. I'm very much interested to find out in what context I was cited in this paper, but I don't read Korean. I suppose it couldn't have been good since the author is proposing an analysis using a theoretical framework which is in direct contrast to the theoretical framework the paper I co-authored was using.

Anyway, I guess the good news is that a paper I was instrumental in putting into the world has been read by at least 4 people other than its two authors, one of which is from another country!

Fantastic!

No comments: