Monday, December 17, 2007

The thing inside you

I know that people think the whole gestation thing is a miracle of life. I think it's an incredibly interesting process myself, but I have to admit that the whole "living thing inside you, stealing your neutrients, oxygen, etc" creeps me out, and it creeps me out a lot . . . to the point where it gives me nightmares.

People are often appalled when I share this side of me so I feel that I should clarify that I don't hate babies and I think they are all precious and cute (though I do think that recently-birthed babies are mostly scary and ugly and most definitely NOT cute). But I can't lie about the fact that it completely freaks me out that they spend 9 months growing inside our loved ones.

Today I stumbled across the following video on the YouTube:



Fodder for nightmares to come...

No comments: