Thursday, June 7, 2007

If my dad owned a chain of hotels

This is what Paris Hilton said a couple of days ago, before she got put away:

"This is an important point in my life and I need to take responsibility for my actions. In the future, I plan on taking more of an active role in the decisions I make."

That is to say that, up to this point, Paris Hilton was not entirely active in making decisions. I suppose that if I were ridiculously rich I would have the luxury of letting my subconscious make all of my decisions too. Then again, if I were that rich, I would never leave the house, unless I went on vacation.

Well, the news today is that a medical condition has altered the terms of Ms Hilton's sentence. After spending less than 4 full days in her private cell (reserved for politicians, foreign dignitaries, and other high profile people) she was moved to her palatial estate where she will be spending the remaining 3 weeks of her sentence under 'house arrest'.

I believe I am not alone when I say that we all wish Paris Hilton a speedy recovery from the sting she is suffering on her petite wrist. May reality never splash her with cold water again.

No comments: